The Lions Clubs District 306A1 submitted an Application to the LCIF under the Lions Core 4 Diabetes Grants Program.
At their January 13, 2018 meeting, the Lions Clubs International Foundation’s Board of Trustees approved the LCIF Core 4 Diabetes grant DIA15636/306-A1 for the amount of US$56,587 to support diabetes screening, awareness, and education activities in Western and Southern Sri Lanka.
The Board members are enthusiastic in supporting this important project and wish the Lions of District 306-A1 much success in expanding health care services within the districts of Colombo, Kalutara, Galle, Matara, and Hambantota, Sri Lanka.
Goals and Objectives
To reduce the prevalence of diabetes in Sri Lanka.
- To promote healthy behaviours among 58,600 school children across 240 schools through interactive interventions, including knowledge quiz, essay and art competitions;
- To strengthen awareness among 800,810 adults on healthy lifestyles through IEC campaigns including social marketing approaches;
- To strengthen the services of five healthy lifestyle centers and promote utilization by the community;
- To mobilize 70 Lions and 10 LEO Clubs and its members as change agents to promote healthy behaviours in the community.
Diabetes Awareness and Action
Lions support the fight against diabetes
- All the Clubs in the District to be partners and involved in theProject
- Each Club – A project Chairperson
- Conduct at least one educational program for members
- Serve in Provincial, District & Community Level Committees
- Involved in Organizng, implementing & Monitoring of
- Project Activities in Schools, HLCs & Community Publicity
- Sponsor a Strides event to promote greater awareness
- Host a health fair at a school or community center
- Invite healthcare professionals to speak at your club and district events
- Partner with local healthcare providers to organize diabetes and vision screenings
- Reach out to populations at high risk for diabetes
- Distribute educational resources to increase community awareness
- Learn how you can help with diabetes programs in your community
Partnerships for Diabetes
Lions collaborate with local health care providers, diabetes associations and national partners to provide information, materials and resources best suited for their communities. Lions Clubs International District 306A1’s collaborative partners for diabetes include:
Any time you sign a contract, especially a contract that deals with a creative work over which you have copyrights, you should be going over that contract with a fine-toothed comb to make sure that your rights are being data protected.